When considering home care services for a loved one, understanding the company helps decide who to entrust with your loved one’s care.
Promyse Home Care team of nurses & caregivers offers a wide range of home and healthcare services for those looking for the highest quality of professional & caring support.
“To improve the quality of life of seniors and disabled adults in our community.”
Promyse Home Care provides the highest quality of home and health care services – delivered with knowledge, integrity, and compassion, to seniors and disabled adults in our community. We are committed to improving quality of life while respecting a person’s dignity, independence, and choices.
Our vision is to be the trusted name in senior home care in our communities. Promyse Home Care will be the service provider known for excellence and identified by clients, their families, our employees, and our community partners as the agency of choice in the Waterloo Region (or in all regions served).
At Promyse Home Care, we hold the following values:
Quality and Integrity – Our decisions and approach to business are based on and supported by high moral and ethical standards with a reputation for providing honest, compassionate, and exceptional care to our clients and families in our communities.
Person-centred Care – We place the client/caregiver experience at the core of all we do by providing compassionate, person-centred care. Our clients and their caregivers are equal partners in planning, developing, and monitoring care, along with other professionals in their circle of care, to ensure their needs are being met and resulting in the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration – We will instill a team-based approach in our care provision. We believe in and are committed to working with our partners in care to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients
People and Culture – We acknowledge and respect the opinions and contributions of all involved in the provision and receipt of care. Our employees will feel valued, respected, and supported in their work. Employees feel a sense of purpose and satisfaction and are inspired to work together to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Accountability – We are committed to exceeding the quality expectations of clients/caregivers and funders. Individually and organizationally, we take ownership of our actions and results. We can be relied upon to deliver on our commitments and services.
Commonly Asked Questions Answered
How do we get started with Senior Home Care Services?
Like many things, deciding whether in-home nursing is the right fit for your lifestyle and needs is incredibly personal. You can read all the booklets in the world, but nothing will replace a one-on-one conversation with a professional.
At Promyse Home Care, we offer a complimentary consultation with you and your loved ones. A certified Nurse Case Manager will meet with you to review all aspects of your health.
We will set a time for a free in-home senior care consultation at your convenience. Services provided by our Nurse Case Managers are at no additional charge. We will always be there for you as time passes and needs change. We will work with you and your loved ones to make short-term and long-term care management plans for their in-home care needs.
What Do Your Home Care Services Provide?
Promyse Home Care offers a range of home care support for seniors to ensure the safety and comfort of living at home.
- Personal Care – When personal hygiene and daily tasks become too difficult for your parents or loved ones, personal care services can help. The caring staff at Promyse can assist them in maintaining their safety, dignity and independence.
- Medication Management – Taking the proper medication at the correct dose and time can be challenging for some seniors living at home.
- Companion Care – Our Case Managers will identify care goals and select a companion for you or your loved one with whom you can develop a long-lasting, meaningful relationship.
- Home Support – If your goal is to remain in your home, daily tasks, such as preparing nutritious meals and housekeeping, are essential to ensure a safe and healthy environment. During our initial visit, a Nurse Manager will build a care plan.
- Nurse Care Management – Nurse Case Managers at Promyse are compassionate and friendly and provide open, ongoing communication and regular re-assessments to meet your loved one’s physical, mental, and emotional needs.
- Nursing Care – Professional registered nurses are carefully screened for those times you need in-home visits. Our nurses offer various services for chronic disease, recovery from illness, surgery, or hospitalization.
- Live-In Care – With our live-in home care services, one of our trained caregivers will live with your loved ones in their home. Our live-in caregivers will stay in their own space within the house and live there for 3-4 days at a time, alternating time with a second caregiver. You can also have a caregiver for one or more 24-hour periods a week.
“Promyse came highly recommended by several members of our medical team for 24/7 care. Marie and Ashley were professional and thorough in their intake process, ensuring that all our needs and questions were addressed. Christine and Mia were superb – knowledgeable, caring, competent and confident. As caregivers, they did their job well and willingly, demonstrating their expertise not only in personal care but also in nutrition, exercises for seniors, enrichment activities, and reassurance techniques. If you need any care services, contact Promyse first. You will be glad you did.” Elizabeth.
How much is Home Care? Is there an hourly rate?
In Ontario, the rate for hiring a PSW in Ontario averages between $30 to $45 per hour. Often, you will need to contact the agency to get a rate directly.
Are there Contracts with Promyse Home Care?
At Promyse Home Care, there are no service contracts. We have a 24-hour cancellation policy, meaning that we need notice of 24 hours or more to cancel care.
How do you Choose your Caregivers?
Carefully! Our caregivers are bonded, insured, and covered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) for everyone’s protection. Our caregivers are interviewed and carefully screened, then receive a thorough introduction to our company’s policies and approach to care.
We understand that hiring a caregiver is an unfamiliar experience for many seniors and that this may be the first time you introduce a caregiver to the home. To help alleviate any anxieties, a nurse care manager will accompany the staff member to introduce them to your loved one at the beginning of service. They will also check in regularly to ensure that the caregiver-client relationship is positive and comfortable.
Is it possible to have Supplemental Private Care in long-term care or Nursing Homes?
Long-term care facilities provide 24-hour resident-focused care for the elderly who need nursing care. Sometimes the government-mandated minimum level of care needs to be more for many seniors.
Here is what Promyse offers to help:
- If your parent or loved one needs bathing more than twice a week (the minimum standard set by the Ontario government), we can assist with this.
- We can help with feeding, eating, and drinking.
- Staff at nursing homes may need to be stretched thin. We can help frail seniors with toileting, general hygiene, and other daily tasks to keep them comfortable and safe.
- We can provide companionship, socialization, and mental stimulation for your parent or loved one in a nursing home.
Do you provide overnight 24-hour senior care?
Yes. A Promyse healthcare professional could spend one 24-hour period a week with a senior. They would stay in a senior’s home to give their primary caregiver (often their adult son or daughter) respite. If a loved one returns home from surgery or an extended day at the hospital, a Promyse healthcare professional can provide around-the-clock care to help with the transition.
Do you provide care for Alzheimer’s or Dementia?
All caregivers matched with a client dealing with Alzheimer’s or Dementia have experience working with patients struggling with cognitive impairment. There is a multitude of services personalized for Alzheimer’s or Dementia care.
Promyse caregivers are trained for the following:
- Stroke Recovery
- Parkinson’s Care
- Diabetes Care
- Motor Vehicle Accident Care
- Hospice and Palliative Care
With our live-in home care services, one of our trained caregivers will live with your loved ones in their home. Our live-in caregivers will stay in their own space within the house and live there for 3-4 days at a time, alternating time with a second caregiver.
“Marie & Mike are very quick to answer any questions or concerns that we have had. They are very caring, understanding, and patient and have provided us with numerous ideas, websites and information to help us navigate this journey. They will work to help find the best match possible of caregivers to those that they are caring for. We have had a few crises; they are the first call we make for additional care. I can’t say enough about Promyse and their staff! Communication is key, and they are exceptional.” J. K.